Started Jul 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kirppu
Regular MemberPosts: 335Gear list
Like?
Re: XZ-1 underwater videos
In reply to Ben O Connor, Jul 16, 2013

Ben O Connor wrote:

Hello all,

I' ve been in Turkey since 2nd of July and keep stay here for a while. I finally got chance to make my PT-050 wet ! The results looks very staisfying on the XZ-1 ' s screen. But when I uploaded to Flickr it seemed not as good.

The focus was locked, and it was shallow water as 50cm. And sun was strong enought to make it bright.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benokan/9268964796/

I even try to watch it at HD (not full HD its 720p as you know) but result still dissapointment.

What you folks recommend about sharper ─▒mages underwater ?

Thanks for all recommendations.

Ben

To me it looks like the inbuild codec is trying to keep the bitrate low no matter that eveyrhing in the scene is moving. This leads soft and somewhat blurry video. So I claim the softness is just result of too low bitrate and high video compression. Sad part is that there ain't much settings to choose with XZ-1 when shooting video.

I would downscale and apply sight sharpening so it would give the impressions it's more detailed video than it really is.

RAW video would be nice

-- hide signature --

Hobbyist member

Kirppu's gear list:Kirppu's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow