Switch to Nikon: worth it?

Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,723Gear list
Like?
Re: I shoot with both Canon and Nikon.
In reply to afterburn, Jul 16, 2013

It is an expensive habit, but not so bad if I avoid too much duplication in the lenses, and avoid the temptation to upgrade bodies too often. I started the dual-brand habit by using Nikkor lenses on my Canon bodies, with a Novoflex adapter, then acquired Nikon bodies. There are lenses I like for each system, and since I prioritize good lenses, having bodies for both systems seems sensible.

In the future, I may concentrate on cropped-frame Canons for wildlife and sports, and Nikon full-frame DSLR and 35mm film. This is not, however, set in stone.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow