Thinking of E-P5 Kit as DSLR Replacement but...

Started Jul 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MarkyM
Contributing MemberPosts: 884Gear list
Like?
Thinking of E-P5 Kit as DSLR Replacement but...
Jul 16, 2013

Hi,

I am seriously thinking of switching my heavy APS-C DSLR kit for the Olympus Pen E-P5 kit but it sure would be an easier decision if it was $999 instead of $1449.

My thoughts on initial lenses would be the 17/1.8 that comes i the kit, the Sigma 30 and 60 2.8 primes and the 12-50 "kit" lens for WA, macro and video (splits out of the OM-D kit are about $250 on the bay) and the 75-300II.

Those items plus the FL-600 flash are just over $3k!

Maybe I should re-think this and keep lugging around the bigger kit!

I have really spent some time trying to decide between the OM-D E-M5 and the E-P5 and would really prefer the PEN for right now. Even the E-M5 kit though is still holding price after 15 months on the market!

So I suppose the E-P5 kit won't be coming down in price any time soon. Maybe for Christmas sales???

-- hide signature --

Mark--

MarkyM's gear list:MarkyM's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow