Started Jul 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tward1955
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Am I just out of touch......
Jul 16, 2013

OK at the risk of being attacked for not being a student of photography or a degree carrying  professional, I have a question that has been bugging me. And yes, before someone lays in with a snarky remark, there is a segment of this forum that treats questions with a sort of disdain that perhaps prevents it from becoming a great place to discuss gear and photography. But a brief history, I am a serious hobbyist, bought my first camera way back in 1974, a Kowa SET. So I have been shooting for a couple years with all formats on film, 35mm thru 8X10 large format. But recently I have seen and read on this forum two things that I must have totally missed, or are these things new to digital. That is diffraction of light, and the doubling of the shutter speed vs focal length. I now use a 7D which is by far the most advanced and feature rich camera I have ever used. But when I read some of the post here it makes me wonder if I will ever be able to learn all this stuff. Now don't get me wrong, I am quite capable of learning it, but has the digital age brought me to this......Oh and by the way, post processing....can anyone make a picture today without spending hours tweaking it....Just food for thought....

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
PPNew
(unknown member)
+5New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow