*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.07.13 ***

Started Jul 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 9,222Gear list
Like?
I've moved in!
In reply to Hen3ry, Jul 16, 2013

We finished off the booth this afternoon and I've moved in for the week of the festival with my offsider, Nathan (sitting in the picture; the other bloke just happened to be wandering past so in the nature of most PNGeans, joined in to have his image immortalized!).

We're sharing a space of about 3.6 meters by 2.4 meters. Unroll our mats (and my trusty three inch foam mattress you can see in the picture) at night, then roll them up, open up the collapsible table, and set up the computer, the printer, and the laminater for day time action when I will be madly taking pictures of the festival then returning to the booth to print them out for customers (hopefully!!!).

We'll see how it goes.

So here we are. There's a luxury hotel right behind us but we'll be washing in the open at the tap. There's a pit toiler 100 meters away and the food stalls are right opposite, so we should do quite comfortably.

The opening even of the festival is actually off the festival grounds and down at the beach at dawn tomorrow. I'll set the alarm in my mobile phone.

In the meantime, I can’t go to bed yet because there is too much last minute action all around us with people finishing off their booths -- and in one case right next to us, starting from scratch after dark!

I took the pic with IBIS on and the stupid little accessory flash. Under-exposed by a stop or so which I brutally corrected in PP. As usual, I forgot that I could increase the ISO. Sigh. Still stuck with the limitations of film photography.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow