the D4x is coming.

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Zvonko
Regular MemberPosts: 338Gear list
Like?
Re: D4x don't think so...
In reply to fft81, Jul 16, 2013

fft81 wrote:

If i had extra $6K to burn I'd rather add 200 f/2 or 300 f/2.8 to my d800 instead of a 50 MPX camera. Visually you only be increasing resolution by a factor of 1.2 from 36mpx on d800 to anticipated 54mpx on d4x. I doubt d4x would be 54 MPX, probably closer to 48MPX. Based on 12MP APSC sensor in d90 they could have made 30MPX d3X but they stopped at 24MPX. The current 54MPX guess for d4X is based on 24MPX APSC sensor, so chances are it wont go that high.

d3X has worse iq and iso performance than d800.

Sure you might say that but i have plenty of lenses. I have the original 300 2.8 MF (beautiful lens) and find it easy to focus even shooting fast paced sports.

The are discussions here or in the DX forums about how cool the older cameras like even the D200 are now. I may get one on Ebay. I remember the colour straight from the sensor at low ISO was fabulous. The D2x even better. And I know it's not about the sensor (before those guys jump on my thoughts) but it is what I see it to be and if I can sell it, then it works for me.

I love the files from the D3x and it's a beast.

I must admit though that I'm looking at the 28 1.4D for almost that kind of money. I regret that I don't have one of that lens.

Or if I could find a 300 f2 monster.

Zvonko's gear list:Zvonko's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D4xNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow