PerL
Forum ProPosts: 12,255
Like?
Re: each has its pros and cons
In reply to olliess, 9 months ago

olliess wrote:

PerL wrote:

olliess wrote:

I'm also not sure why it's an "ergonomical disadvantage" to have a smaller body, as long as it has a decent handgrip and controls you can still reach with the tele attached. Unless you walk around one-handing your DSLR+tele I guess...

I dont know if you looked at the comparision, but the deeper grip of the DSLR is much more comfortable. These are compact teles (slow 55-200 lenses), with longer/bigger ones the the difference in favour of the DSLR gets bigger

I own a DSLR with even deeper and more awesomer grip than the one pictured. I know what the grip feels like, I don't need to judge the comfort level from the picture. I use a longer/bigger/2.8 tele and frankly without a vertical grip I think the main grip is about equally useless for actually supporting the camera + lens. So yeah it would basically be the difference between supporting the camera + lens by the lens barrel and dangling a biggish DSLR or a smallish NEX.

Yes, well I base my judgement on when I tested the equally thin Samsung NX with a 50-200 lens on a three-hour shooting of a marathon race, side by side with two DSLRs, switching between them. The thin grip soon get cramped and uncomfortable.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
+1New
SizeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow