Why mirrorless over dslr?

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
olliess Senior Member • Posts: 1,069
Re: each has its pros and cons

PerL wrote:

olliess wrote:

I'm also not sure why it's an "ergonomical disadvantage" to have a smaller body, as long as it has a decent handgrip and controls you can still reach with the tele attached. Unless you walk around one-handing your DSLR+tele I guess...

I dont know if you looked at the comparision, but the deeper grip of the DSLR is much more comfortable. These are compact teles (slow 55-200 lenses), with longer/bigger ones the the difference in favour of the DSLR gets bigger

I own a DSLR with even deeper and more awesomer grip than the one pictured. I know what the grip feels like, I don't need to judge the comfort level from the picture. I use a longer/bigger/2.8 tele and frankly without a vertical grip I think the main grip is about equally useless for actually supporting the camera + lens. So yeah it would basically be the difference between supporting the camera + lens by the lens barrel and dangling a biggish DSLR or a smallish NEX.  

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
T3
tko
tex
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow