Repair crack D2h body, Suggestions Please?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Gpruitt54
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Re: Repair crack D2h body, Suggestions Please?
In reply to Gpruitt54, 9 months ago

Gpruitt54 wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

I think that camera just became a tchotchke. Repair is probably going to be far more than the camera is worth. Send it to Nikon for recycling, or use it as shelf decoration. They are going for less that $300 on ebay.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

As I understand it, the camera works just fine. Yeah, there is this crack, and something caused it. But, the owners indicates this has not affected the functionality of the camera body.  I'll know better after I get a look at it.

You are saying however, that the crack is in a portion of the body that is made of alloy and not one of the plastic sections.

Yes, you are right, the crack is in the alloy.  I can see no signs of what might have caused it.  In later threads, you will see that I actually bought the camera (see photos in later threads). Works perfectly and aside from the ctack, the camera is very clean.

Gpruitt54's gear list:Gpruitt54's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow