Why mirrorless over dslr?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: The main reason for mirrorless is portability...
In reply to steelhead3, 9 months ago

steelhead3 wrote:

So your saying with upgrade path, the new nex ff will be the end all and dslr will disappear into history. All these cameras are just choice for the consumer, some better than others. Some people like big (me), but that doesn't mean that it is inferior to like small, and that your IQ takes a large hit. Recently bought a nex 7 and have enjoyed very good IQ (better than my 77). AF is not as good (almost the same with adapter and a mount lenses); it certainly doesn't lend itself to hand holding a large lens.

No that's not what I meant, but if there is a NEX FF, DSLRs won't disappear. Why would they? But at least with the NEX system with a FF body sitting at the top of the line, there will be a stronger upgrade path ending with the camera with superb RX1 type IQ.

Some mirrorless systems (most in fact) don't have any choices in high end, pro-level FF cameras.  Someone who buys into F-mount with an APS-C D7100 does have options at the high end should they become more proficient or interested in photography.  Since there is only the RX1 FF mirrorless camera, all other mirrorless systems are more limited as far as upgrade path.  That's all I was saying.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
+1New
SizeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow