Options For Swimming With Whales

Started Jul 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pumba12
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Re: I use Ewa Marine for my DSLR
In reply to jckk, Jul 15, 2013

Thanks for the info! I'll check it out for future references, but I have decided that I'm not going ot take my DSLR into the water on this trip. There will be out of water photo opportunites too so I'll want my DSLR ready to go for those. They often find "rowdy groups" which consist of males duking it out. There are a lot of breaches, tail throws, flipper slaps, etc so I don't want to miss that action by having to worry about carefully taking my camera out of the bag and then carefully putting it back in and sealing it up, etc.

So, I'm looking for an underwater camera and I'll be hoping and praying I get some halfway decent shots/video.

I have read that that the Panasonic TS5 that I was looking at has a 60 minute underwater time limit. I'm sensing this is a pretty standard rule as I found the same note on a Nikon. If this is the case, how does this work? If I were to keep my camera under for longer would I need to worry about leaks? How long in between sessions would the camera need to be safe? I think we get a total of about 7 hours a day of possible in water stuff mattering on what whales they find. I'd hate to miss so much action!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow