Started Jul 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
UncaMikey
Regular MemberPosts: 284
Like?
XZ-2 ISO 3200 Blinking Q&A
Jul 15, 2013

I noticed on my new XZ-2 that when ISO is set to Auto, the ISO blinks when it goes to 3200 or higher. I couldn't find anything in the manual about this, but much conflicting info in photo forums.  I did finally turn up an answer online, and thought I would post it here.

This is from the Olympus FAQ about the E-30; I'll presume that Olympus is consistent and that what applies to that camera also applies to the XZ-2:

"The blinking ISO serves as a reminder to refer to the NOISE FILTER setting before shooting at high ISOs. The NOISE FILTER options are OFF, LOW, STANDARD and HIGH.

"Changing the NOISE FILTER option does not stop the ISO value displayed in the viewfinder from blinking."

E-30 FAQ

Even though I now know what it means, I'm not sure what use to make of it.  If shooting with high ISO, what's the best setting for the noise filter?

Olympus E-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow