Using Qimage Ultimate for Complete Workflow??

Started Jun 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ron AKA
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,855Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't Trust Qimage
In reply to mpeman, Jul 15, 2013

mpeman wrote:

Have to agree with all above that mention that misnomer..."free updates for life." Only to find the product renamed, priced higher...and not part of the updates". Pretty cheesy way to treat customers.

Kevin, I own Qimage Pro and I am not at all dissatisfied with the service it has provided to me at the modest price I paid ($40 some 10 years ago? forget it was so long ago). At the time I remember thinking this business model is not going to work and buying the software with the expectation that it would be continually improved to the point it morphed into a new product was unrealistic.

It is not at all hard to understand what Mike Chaney has had to do to keep the business alive. The much much more common approach in the US would be to close the business and open it again under another name. Too bad, so sad... However he has not done that and I appreciate it. I have not updated my Qimage Pro for a few years, because it works as it is. It still outperforms all the Adobe products for printing, and that is what I bought it for. My only reason for looking at Qimage Ultimate is that I have a new camera which produces RAW files and I'm looking at a new application - RAW processing. I wouldn't think twice about buying it if it supported my camera and it was what I wanted.

Ron AKA's gear list:Ron AKA's gear list
Sony RX100 Epson Stylus Photo R3000 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TypoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow