Why mirrorless over dslr?

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Franka T.L.
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,466Gear list
Like?
A faulted question in itself
In reply to Ubilam, Jul 15, 2013

By asking such manner, it infer that one would be better than the others ( in a broadly generalized manner ), but in reality this is unlikely to be the case. What really manifest is that they are both system type camera, and as system they are, they are suppose to be tailored to one's specific need and be customized for that particular shooting need ..

Its sort of like asking a cyclist if the typical Roadbike or the typical MTB ( Mountain Bike ) being better without telling what specific task on hand are involved.

I own and use both, and as of today they are pretty much equal in term of imaging capability as in capability to attend a certain threshold of image quality delivered. What differs them is their implementation and thus how they can be setup, or tailored for the task on hand. There is simply no one solution / answer that's absolute for all.

I could do landscape on my FF DSLR, but I can also do landscape on the mirrorless. Its not saying which is better, but which can be better for a specific one. That better is not entirely equipment specific, but more down to environmental constraints, personal preference, usage, habits, and ergonomics, and to a lesser extent, the equipment itself and hoe its system goes.

What one can only conclude thus is if a certain mirrorless setup or a certain DSLR setup would be better for a certain task on hand for a certain specific user ( tailored to his / her customization ). There is no simple THIS or THAT in any absolute sense. So while I would agree with many stated on this thread regarding, I would not see the arguments as the cause for PRO mirrorless or PRO DSLR, its just some observation that favor a certain form factor for certain task and apply to that certain need only. Which might or might not apply

-- hide signature --

- Franka -

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
+1New
SizeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow