Started Jul 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Beefy_SAFC
Regular MemberPosts: 436
Like?
Panasonic TZ30 and TZ40 (ZS20 and ZS30)
Jul 15, 2013

I have owned a TZ30 for over a year and recently decided to have a look at the TZ40.   My main reason was to take advantage of the TZ40's connectivity so I could transfer pictures to my mobile phone.

Three observations.

1) The NFC connectivity to a mobile phone seems fiddly and it seems a little of a struggle at times to link them.

2) On increasing the ISO above 100, TZ40 photos seem softer than the TZ30.   In low light, the TZ40 seems to pause to process the picture, something I've not really noticed as such on the TZ30.

3) A real annoyance is the limiting of slowest shutter speed on the TZ40 to 4 seconds.   The TZ30 has a slowest shutter speed of 15 seconds, offering more flexibility in low light if you don't want to sacrifice quality to high ISO.

Advantage TZ30?

-- hide signature --

Ian (alias 'Beefy')
-----------------------------------------------
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/tibet/

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 (Lumix DMC-TZ30) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 (Lumix DMC-TZ40)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow