Why Are Cameras Dying Off?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Beefy_SAFC
Regular MemberPosts: 436
Like?
Re: Why Are Cameras Dying Off?
In reply to jmgiv, 9 months ago

PART 1:I've just had a weekend in London and I can only speak on the basis of what I saw and my own experiences.

1) Many people seemed to be content with their mobile phones, which can now deliver a good quality photograph. Whilst they lose having, say, an optical zoom, the digital zoom is sufficient for what most people want to do. They can then immediately forward a photo to a friend on the opposite side of the world if they want, which is a massive advantage over the normal digital camera.

They probably do have a digital camera but it gathers dust at home as just something extra to carry. Another observation here in the UK is we're having a hot summer (it's looking like a long, hot one too) and women especially have less pocket space to carry extras (lots of summery dresses on show), so it would be the mobile phone only (same on a night out, compact, slim, easily to slip into a handbag, etc.). Any women on here wish to comment?

2) Others were using models of digital cameras they bought after they ditched their film cameras. The camera does the job for them and it has to be something special for them to upgrade. All they want is something that takes photos for them.

3) The third set were those with bridge, DSLR and mirrorless cameras. They are the high end users who want quality and functionality from their camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow