Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
vjk2
Regular MemberPosts: 231
Like?
Re: each has its pros and cons
In reply to T3, Jul 15, 2013

T3 wrote:

Ubilam wrote:

Or, vice versa? Please educate me. State the benefits/cons of both ONLY if you have used both types to compare. Thanks!

Now that I'm using both types, I really appreciate having both. When I'm working, I go with my DSLR gear. When I'm going around town, seeing friends, doing personal shooting, doing casual shooting, I go with my more compact mirrorless gear.

It's like having different pairs of shoes. You wouldn't wear the same pair of shoes to a nice restaurant as you would to go hiking in the woods. I guess that's why I use both DSLR and mirrorless.

Meh, the thing about mirrorless to me is that it is still too bulky. For casual shooting, an iphone or android camera is more than enough, and is also pocketable plus can perform multiple other functions.

I mean, if you look at like the Sony NEX system, the lenses are still pretty humongous because of the sensor size. Probably the same size as 18-55 DSLR lenses. So you're still carrying around this bulky non-pocketable camera, but is more expensive, doesn't have OVF, has compromises in the lens b/c it is mirrorless. But by the looks of it, the Sony NEX will have largely the same size lenses and the body saves you like 1-2 inches over a DSLR. Which is nice, but when the lens is the bulk of the length, saving size in the body seems foolish.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
+1New
SizeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow