In camera panorama?

Started Jul 15, 2013 | Questions thread
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,679Gear list
Like?
Re: In camera panorama?
In reply to crypie, Jul 15, 2013

crypie wrote:

I'm evaluating options to make the m43 jump. I have an older Canon Rebel DSLR but would like to move to the m43 for the size savings. Since this is such a competitive segment, I'm looking at features which could meaningfully differentiate products for me. One of the things I think I want is in-camera panorama mode.

When travelling, I've actually been able to get some really nice results from the iPhone panorama mode. I figured that if I used a newer m43 I would be able to get even better panoramas. However, it doesn't seems like this is a differentiating factor many people discuss. Is this because most people stitch the images together afterwards?

Yep.

In my mind, that's sort of like shooting in RAW.

Yep.

For the hardcore shooters it makes sense but lots of folks do just fine with in camera JPEGs. I'd rather just pan and shoot and get a usable shot instead of messing around with software.

Here's my question, how often do you use the in camera panorama feature?

Never.

Is it a feature you would use to help determine which camera to choose.

No, even though I do a lot of stitched images.

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow