The Amazing D200.

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
jimoyer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,646Gear list
Like?
Re: Beautiful image…which lens? (no text)
In reply to rkumar, Jul 15, 2013

I just got my D200 back yesterday, and haven't had a chance to do any real comparison images yet for you.....I will over the next day or two......but I did take a few images today for my wife using the D7100 and Tamron 17-50 f2.8 and the D200 and Nikon 18-200 f3.5-5.6.  These two images really don't do a whole lot to illustrate what I mean by the colors I see from the D200's CCD, but I wanted to share them anyway.

The reason...there have been a few comments I've seen in these D200 threads about it really was a rotten camera, and how time has made us forget how bad it is.  Here's my thought....here are two images (downsized, admittedly), processed VERY similarly from NEF to JPEG, one with the "latest and greatest" 24mp DX body Nikon has to offer, with a VERY well regarded (by most...I've been absolutely blown away with my specific copy) constant aperture lens, vs. Nikon's "latest and greatest" DX body circa 2005 with a mediocre at best "super zoom".  The difference I've been seeing in the images I processed today have had more to do with the lens quality than anything IMHO, but what really surprised me is just how well the D200 images do against such a well regarded, and "cutting edge" sensor/DX body.

D200 w/ Nikon 18-200 f3.5-5.6 VR I (first gen)

D7100 w/ Tamron 17-50 f2.8 VC

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow