Absence of a viewfinder

Started Jul 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
SW Anderson
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
Re: I'll save everyone the trouble of responding
In reply to lattesweden, Jul 14, 2013

lattesweden wrote:

I prefer viewfinders but mostly use the LCD. The reason is that most viewfinders don't work well with my glasses.

. . . I'd love to have a really big swiveling screen on my camera or beeing able to send it live without to much delay over cable or wireless to my phone, tablet or even better a Google Glassish EVF that I can hang over one eye on my regular glasses.

Best regards from Sweden!
/Anders

It occurred to me awhile back when this topic came up that it might be worthwhile for some photographers and in some situations if an affordable accessory screen could be added for static shooting situations. NFC, or near-field communications technology (a form of wireless) could be used to transmit image data from the camera to the larger accessory screen, which could be mounted in articulated fashion on the same tripod or other support as the camera. With a hood and the capability of being positioned for best effect, a 5- to 9-inch LCD screen could be a (literally) big help in framing and composing. Especially so for those who prefer working off an LCD. If tablets keep getting higher-definition screens, one of those might be adapted to serve part time as an accessory monitor for photography.

Obviously, a large add-on screen of the type I'm suggesting wouldn't be of much use for sports and other action photography. It might be very helpful for product shots and macro work, though.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow