Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,821Gear list
Like?
X10 First Impressions (At Disneyland)
Jul 14, 2013

Man, all i can say is that color wise (including skin tones), this X10 beats the crap out of my former Nikon D7000. The output is very nice and i can clearly see the difference and punchier colors, not that the D7000 is a very bad camera either.

The photos i am posting are not THE best pictures ever, note that i barely got my camera the same day (yesterday). I quickly charged the battery at home and used the camera for the very FIRST time once i got to Disneyland. All the shots that i will post bellow were taken in EXR mode just to see what this does and because i didn't have time to be messing around with so many other camera settings.  All the photos were taken in jpeg, in Resolution Priority only. Note that most of the good ones that came out okay are the ones that i am posting, i did missed many others, again, because i am still getting familiar with the camera and many did come out blurry because of hand shake and because i didn't focus properly. With time i will begin shooting in Shutter and other modes, and should expect to get sharper and better images.

For some low light situations i thought this tiny camera performed VERY WELL, I am actually impressed because i was expecting worse results, and i haven't even tried shooting in ISO Priority mode yet.  I am only going to guess that the images would look better than what i got so far.

Overall, i am extremely happy with this little $349 camera, focusing was good, the feel, built quality, design, and performance is wonderful. I love that it's lens range is almost invisible, and this is one of the reasons why i chose it over the XE1/Xm1.  Based on the shots that i took alone, i don't know what the X20 for double the price is offering. If it does have other stuff that the X10 does not have, i possibly don't need it. This camera is exactlywhat i was looking for to complement my S5.  It is a very fun fun fun camera to use  

Since we are only allowed to post 10 photos per post, i will reply several times.  Thank you to everyone that help me in making this purchase.  Enjoy the photos:

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Casio Exilim EX-S5 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow