Started Jul 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,293Gear list
Re: Crystal Ball Required...
In reply to DtEW, Jul 14, 2013

DtEW wrote:

SushiEater wrote:

Exactly, no need to shoot at ISO 50 if he exposed on front darker areas not on bright sky. This is a typical scene should use a filter as there is clear horizontal line there. I personally would use a 10-stop Lee Bigstopper that water will be very smooth and could add another GND for sky if necessary.

You can critique my photo all you want but it still not going to prove you point. The point here is banding from 5D3 not the technique I used at that particular point in time.

Since you made this conversation pointless because you are constantly going off topic (topic being banding) I will no longer get myself involve in it.

Goodbye.

The point is that any schmuck can use the camera wrong for a given scene, and then try to make a point about how no other camera can do (in actuality, recover) this "challenging scene".

The reality is that the scene isn't really that challenging if you know how to use either the 5DMKII or the D800 correctly, and that the real-life difference in truly extreme situations (not here) is academic. Is there a difference? Probably. Is it going to make-or-break a picture given competent users of either camera? No.

I'm guessing you don't even own a Canon or Nikon DSLR.

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +15 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WBNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow