Sean Nelson
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,438
Like?
Re: Is it design of new GX?
In reply to peevee1, 9 months ago

peevee1 wrote:

Sean Nelson wrote:

peevee1 wrote:

GX7 might be great, but .... useless gimmicks like battery-draining WiFi and tilting EVF for the same high price are not it...

You're making the mistake of thinking that a feature that's not useful to you can't be useful to anyone. That's clearly not the case. WiFi is something I find to be very useful because I'm often mounting the camera somewhere to shoot a video and then controlling it remotely.

Why? How is it better than pressing a button on the camera itself?

(a) because I can't reach the button, and (b) because I want to be able to frame the scene when I can't see the viewfinder.   I often mount my camera on a tall pole for high angle shots, and it's WiFi that makes this possible.

How many people do you think buy a light compact camera to use it on a tripod controlling it "remotely"...

Well unlike you, I'm not making assumptions about what other people want, merely explaining to you why it's a valuable feature for me.

I'm looking for a fairly compact camera that has WiFi, at least a tilting LCD (fully articulated would be ideal) and good 1080p60 video. The EM-5 fails on two of those counts, but it sounds like this camera could be just what I'm looking for.

60p? Even Blu-ray does not do that, and I haven't seen many complaints that Blue-ray quality video is somehow insufficient even for huge 60"+ displays.

I dislike very much the stroboscopic effect of rapid motion shot at 24p and 30p.   I could reduce the shutter speed to make the motion seem smoother, but that comes at the expense of sharpness and clarity.   1080p60 solves all that without the resolution compromise of 720p60.   My BluRay player and television can show 1080p60 material, so it works just fine for me.

I understand exactly what my needs are, and that's why I've been waiting for a camera like this rather than buying the E-M5, which is a fine camera in other respects.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow