Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Monicakm
Senior MemberPosts: 2,322
Like?
Video Editor w/ a Specific Need
Jul 14, 2013

I shot some video with my Canon SX50.  It wasn't anything I expected to be extraordinary and I wasn't taking great care in shooting it.  Wouldn't  you know that it turns out to be a diamond in the rough!  Using Quick Time Pro, I'm in the process of trimming sections of the middle of the video when I lost my mind and saved it (not even finished) to the original file   When I put the edited video clip in ProShow Producer, the program could "see" the entire 1:24sec clip.  Not just the 33sec clip I trimmed it to.  YAY!  I'll just edit out the parts I don't want using PSP.  No I  won't.  PSP can only trim the ends of a video.  After doing some research, I find out that even tho QT edited the video, some editors can't "see" that information and plays the video as it was originally filmed.  WLMM only saw the 33second version.  WMP "plays" the original version.  Neither of those will edit like I need it to tho.  SO....question is, "how do I determine before I buy a video editor program if it will "see" the QT edited version or the original?"  And I need a program that will allow me to clip multiple sections from the middle of the movie, not just the ends.  I think PowerDirector will cut from the middle of a video but I don't know if it will see the original file.  And I don't want or need a program with a big learning curve.  My video editing needs are small (kinda like my aging brain )

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Monica/SX50

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow