Why mirrorless over dslr?

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,656Gear list
Like?
Re: Why mirrorless over dslr?
In reply to Ubilam, Jul 14, 2013

Ubilam wrote:

Or, vice versa? Please educate me. State the benefits/cons of both ONLY if you have used both types to compare. Thanks!

-- hide signature --

"Hey, don't blame me."

I have a DSLT, Sony A55 (technically a DSLR), and a Mirror-less, Sony NEX-3. I use them both, interchangeably.

As for preference, the mirror-less is my choice for manual photography and its versatility enhanced by its body being compact and light (even though, Sony A55 is one of the smallest/lightest DSLR/DSLT body with APS-C sensor out there).

When carrying both (for occasions when I prefer to keep complementing lenses, without having to change quickly), the mirror-less form allows easier packaging into my sling bag than ANY DSLR/DSLT body would.

At this point, I personally feel that from wide angle thru short telephoto (85mm), mirror-less form has a clear advantage. For action, I sometimes choose manual photography when the NEX works great (except that the buffer and burst rate on NEX-3 is rather basic, especially compared to A55). But, it can still function like a DSLR/DSLT for those occasions, with LA-EA2 adapter, which I occasionally use.

And yes, it has also managed to get thru "screening" doors where DSLRs are disallowed.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
+1New
SizeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow