Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eglt
Regular MemberPosts: 188
Like?
EOS M - It's good marketing, people
Jul 14, 2013

First off, let me say I have one EOS M and another on the way.  I like the camera.  I will be shooting with it. I have Canons all over the place, from ELPH to 5d MKII....so I like Canon and will continue to use their products.  So, disclaimer out of the way....here's my take on the EOS M and it's recent surge in, shall we say popularity....

1.  Canon sees mediocre reviews and sluggish sales of the EOS M.  (I won't go into the arguments all over the place about Micro 4/3 sales in the USA).

2. Canon (not Amazon and/or B&H), decides to lower the listing price for the EOS M in an effort to increase sales, get the camera out with new/updated firmware (2.02) and try to reverse some of the negative PR on the camera.

3. Amazon and B&H sell out of the 22mm Kit.

4. MORE people start playing with the camera now and word gets out that with the firmware update (and of course lower price, albeit temporary), the camera is not that bad.

It's cheap advertising for Canon to do this, especially since people like me, who initially didnt give the camera a second look, now have 2 of them and are actually pretty surprised about the quality of both the JPEGS and the Video.

There are nuances and failings in all electronic devices, but the product  improves almost daily, and those of us suffering from GAS are the most vulnerable.

-- hide signature --

ET

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow