A leap of faith.

Started Jul 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 12,724Gear list
Re: Well done Collin
In reply to agogo, Jul 14, 2013

agogo wrote:

The big fella upstairs obviously wants you to keep shooting your wildlife/bird photography after offering you such a gift at that price! Yep that lens was meant for you for sure

Oooooooo....see that wonderful creamy bokeh in your doggy shot? It's similar to the bokeh on my 300/2.8....and the colour and contrast....with more versatility for certain circumstances.

Thanks. I should have taken the Lotto last night

As to the bokeh as I have said before it was becoming a issue especially with animals in grass or birds in thickets , the background is a mess and required manual intervention with a blurring brush.  With this you have to be very careful with the fade off. As to the zoom well I shoot lots of different size animals.

I worked Out a rough percentage of use in Ethosha with the bigma. 50-150 about 15% 150-300 45% 300-500 40% with these been mainly birds. So yep a zoom is necessary.  With the EC20 I will lose the 50-180 range but I can cover that with the 50-200 on a second camera. Oh hell I normally keep the 12-60 on that . So I will have to repo the E-620 ( I can see cold bums if I did that.)

-- hide signature --

(Aficionado Olympus DSLR )
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
New Seventh Wonder of the World.

CollBaxter's gear list:CollBaxter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow