So what does everyone think of the design of the NEX line?

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timbit_revolution
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
So what does everyone think of the design of the NEX line?
Jul 14, 2013

With the new talk of the DSLR styled NEX coming soon I was curious to see what others think of the general design of the NEX line to this point. For me I have always really like the minimalistic style of the NEX line ever since that day when I played with the prototype 5 at the Sony showroom event.

Recently I had a outing with some friends here in Japan and got to see a bunch of other mirrorless cameras all together. It was interesting to see people who were interested in going mirrorless react to each camera. For the nikon 1 V1 most of them said it was cute, while the Olympus OMD was called nostogolgic and cool. The Canon EOS-m, was called "distinctively not Canon like" (a polite way of saying it hit with the ugly stick). But when it came to my NEX-7 and my wife's 5R, those cameras drew words like stylish and fashionable.

So yeah, I really like the look of the NEX's small body, big grip, and clean/simple looking lenses. I do know some of the NX cameras from Samsung do look very similar, but to me, the NEX still looks more refined.

So who likes the NEX line as it is?

Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow