Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hschultz
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
When will Panny update the LX7?
Jul 14, 2013

I've had a number of DSLRs over the years (Nikon D40, Canon T3i, Sony A55) and all the associated/expensive L- and G-glass.

In any event, I finally got super-tired of lugging around the bodies/lenses/cases with me on every outing and sold my last DSLR and decided to wait for the FZ200 bridge replacement this fall.

So I was without any camera whatsoever and decided to take a vaca to Maui last week and needed something to capture the memories. I didn't want to spend a bunch, so I picked up a nice/used S100 for $200 on ebay. Now that we're back from vaca and looking at the pix, I'm very pleased with the results and questioning the need for a bridge, as we don't bird/zoom all that much--mostly take pix of our kids (doing their sports or whatever) and family portraits, landscapes on vaca, etc.

I'm now thinking that a nice LX7 replacement with a slightly longer zoom and super fast lens would be perfect, as we really enjoyed the super-small size of the S100.

While I think the LX7 is probably superior in many (every?) way to my S100, I wasn't planning to spend that much on a temp solution 3 weeks ago when I suddenly needed a camera. Now that I've had this little pocket toy for a week (and 1,400 pix, lol), I see what all the fuss is about.

Sorry for the rambling/background. Does anyone know when Pany plans to replace the LX7 this year and do we have any solid insights into possible specs/improvements? Is there anything else out there (I don't want to spend RX100 money) I should be looking at that's recently been announced or has just been released (I don't want to buy yesterday's technology as I plan to keep this next one for a few years)?

Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow