Perhaps my eyes are failing me? Not sure why I'm selling my D300

Started Jul 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
romfordbluenose
Contributing MemberPosts: 661Gear list
Like?
Re: Perhaps my eyes are failing me? Not sure why I'm selling my D300
In reply to skiphunt13, Jul 13, 2013

I was in perhaps the same position as you. Am getting old and my D300 and lens were getting heavy.

My wife made a bad decision she bought me a pro photo shoot at Regents Zoo in London.

The pro who did the session had a D800. I tried it and bought it.

It blows the D300 away in terms of ISO performance, dynamic range and sharpness and detail. It'll also blow away any compact camera. Only down size is the size of the buffer which affects continuous shooting. The other down side is the size of the images, but heyho I'm a techno freak so I'll no doubt get a PC which will cope.

There;s also a lot of discussion on here about using a D300 as a backup camera or second body. Personally I prefer to carry and use one camera which is always better than the backup. it also saves a kilo on your back.

But back your question, I don't see any reason to sell your D300. If you want t save weight and size get a D7100, that also blows away the D300 in normal use but not anywhere near as much as the D800.

romfordbluenose's gear list:romfordbluenose's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow