Why Are Cameras Dying Off?

Started Jul 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
TurboElephant
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Re: Why Are Cameras Dying Off?
In reply to jmgiv, Jul 13, 2013

I think this article mostly applies to P & S cameras. Last year I bought a Panasonic DMC TZ-30 compact camera mainly because the camera on my old smartphone was rather crappy. But in the future I think I will just go for a smartphone with a good camera (like the Nokia Lumia 1020, it has a bigger sensor than my compact camera) because the quality of my P & S camera isn't all that special and I use it at the wide settings anyway so I have no real need for 20x zoom. Also the GPS function on my P & S didn't work very well and it's just more cumbersome to carry 2 electronic devices on holidays for instance.

Also: technology develops rather fast, I'd rather get a new smartphone with a better camera every 2 years than a (cheaper) smartphone + a P & S.

I am however looking for a DSLR/MILC with decent glass to get really good photo's which can't be achieved by either a smartphone or P & S. As far as an "always with you" camera I think a smartphone will be fine for my uses (and for most people).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow