Best African Safari Guide/Tour and Country?

Started Jul 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CG_Photography
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Best African Safari Guide/Tour and Country?
Jul 13, 2013

Hello to all.  Mods I hope this is an OK forum, since it contains the Canon wildlife thread, it seems a reasonable place.

I am researching a trip to Africa and have been looking at different countries and tour guides.  I would like to prioritize the big cats, but would also like to have a chance at the classic elephant, rhino, giraffe etc.  I would like to avoid large groups, hordes of landrovers chasing the animals, and don't mild paying a extra for this.  The tour should be intense and photography focused (don't want to miss the evening light so someone can make it back to the camp for happy hour).  I am leaning toward Greg du Toit and Botswana (I understand Kenya is getting more crowded).  But there are many other companies; many people seem to like Andy Biggs, and Joseph van Os has a great website as well.

Tell me your good and bad experiences from your tour especially if you have experience with one of the above mentioned tours.

Who are the best guides/tours?

What are the best countries?

Share example photos from your tour.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow