Next NEX $4000.00

Started Jul 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,626Gear list
Like?
Re: Next NEX $4000.00
In reply to spacemn, Jul 13, 2013

spacemn wrote:

RF primes not suitable on digital sensors and only a small selection of lenses work with the Leica?! Tell me, how many FF E-mount lenses will satisfy you??

As I mentioned higher up, Leica is not a good comparison because the digital M works with a limited series of lenses and the sensor (microlenses etc.) has been specially adapted for that. Ask Sony NEX users how good legacy RF WA lenses work on the NEX7 (bad corners, hue shift, vignetting etc., and NEX7 isn't even full frame). Yes, legacy primes and tele lenses that are not too bright often work pretty well (they are telecentric almost by definition), but you will need WA lenses too and that is where the big problem is.

Zeiss has plenty of experience making RF lenses for short flange cameras, I'm sure they together with Sony can figure out to build FF lenses for FF NEX. If you think only Leica can do it and not Sony, suit yourself, but it may help you go see some VG900 pics taken with RF glass and it may change your mind.

Again, digital is VERY different from film. Zeiss does NOT have a full line of lenses for a new FF mirrorless camera available. I'm sure they could do it, but at a huge cost. Just slapping a new mount on existing DSLR or film RF designs is not the solution.

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SARNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow