X-S1 | Model of the day: the green cricket

Started Jul 11, 2013 | Photos thread
Ron Meijer
Regular MemberPosts: 228Gear list
Like?
Re: X-S1 | Model of the day: the green cricket
In reply to Fulcanelli, Jul 13, 2013

Fulcanelli wrote:

I suppose it is not productive to ask you how you like your camera. So...how do you like your camera?

I want a new camera with some decent zoom (26X is fine) to replace my Fuji HS30. I'd like a zoom camera (I do a lot of urban photography in dangerous areas and zoom gets me into the action without being there) with better IQ than my HS30. This camera has really been a delight to use and I have gotten great shots with it, but I want a larger sensor. The X-S1 really seems to have a lot going for it and I wouldn't hesitate buying one if it had a larger sensor (I also have a Sony RX100 for closer work) and if the technology wasn't two years old. That's a very long time in the technology world.

One feature of the Fuji cameras that I love is manual zoom. I don't know why more manufacturers don't offer this feature. With manual zoom, where I can frame my shot just the way I want, I rarely crop and in fact only crop to straighten an image.

I talked to a Fuji technician, asking him if perhaps there would be a new model, an X-S2. He told me that the model didn't sell as they had expected and he had heard nothing about a sequel. I note the recent models by Fuji that have been so well received, the X100, the X20, etc. And I'm guessing that now they have reintroduced an excellent quality X-Pro1 that they will be focusing on their quality pocket cameras and interchangeable lenses for the X-Pro series.

I'd take the plunge if the price was more reflective of a camera that is doomed for obsolescence in the near future, but the X-S1 is still commanding a stiff price.

Any comments about your history with the X-S1?

Thanks.

Excellent pictures, BTW.

My English is not so good. So I keep it short.

I am satisfied with the X-S1 is clear. But the camera also suits my style of photography. So it is always difficult to recommend to others, that I'm always a little careful with it. But I think the price / quality ratio is very good, and you will not regret. You'll know that each camera has something. Nothing is 100%.

But I would be the X-S1 purchase it again.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Fujifilm color enthusiast. Macro Fan.
Picassa X-S1 Photos | https://picasaweb.google.com/102600415307306075257

Ron Meijer's gear list:Ron Meijer's gear list
Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow