Senior MemberPosts: 1,134Gear list
Like?
Re: Pocketwizard FLex & L-358 light reading
In reply to vdotmatrix, 9 months ago

vdotmatrix wrote:

Clueless Wanderer wrote:

vdotmatrix wrote:

BUMP

Yes this is what it is s'posed to be doing.

Whats happening is that the AC3 uses the 'iTTL conversation' to control the flashes through the MiniTT. Your triggering the flashes with your meter which is not iTTL.

I have an L358 without the pocket wizard module and on Nikon equipment. I just walk around with the MiniTT and attached ac3, press the button on the light meter, then press the test button on the Mini. This is sending the 'ac3 adjusted' signal to the lights. Once everything is cool, I just slide the mini back on the hot shoe and shoot. Using either my d200 or d700, ive found I can slide the mini off and on the hotshoe without having to power down neither the camera nor the mini. I just slide it on and shoot. Then if I have to adjust lights, I just slide it off again, walk around doing the set up, slide it back on the camera and shoot..

I never thought of doing this!!!

Brilliant.

I can't wait to get back home and set this up for a test. THANK you!!!

Clueless Wanderer's gear list:Clueless Wanderer's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow