Lack of posted JK Kodak information

Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
JamesD2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,175Gear list
Like?
Re: Lack of posted JK Kodak information
In reply to oldshutterbug, Jul 12, 2013

I agree with Dave. It brought back a rather sad memory for me. Several years ago my wife and I were holidaying on Vancouver Island. We were in Victoria when our little Kodak DC4800's battery died. We visited a camera store and when we told them we needed a replacement battery for the Kodak and showed them the camera, they turned their noses up and said they did not carry anything that would work with any Kodak. They dealt only in Olympus, Nikon, Canon, Sony, Panasonic and Fuji. We left quite shocked at how rude these dealers were. In the end we found a replacement battery at a Radio Shack. A sad lesson regarding camera snobbery was duly learned and filed away.

I doubt the scene has changed much. Kodak's name is no longer valued and anything from the JK gang will likely be rejected outright. I have to wonder at their naivete.

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

JamesD2's gear list:JamesD2's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C663 Kodak DX7590 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon D90 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow