Started Jul 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
david yaugo
Forum MemberPosts: 87Gear list
Like?
Colorspace confusion! Camera Raw to LR/PS to Epson 3800 w/colormunki photo
Jul 12, 2013

What do you recommend i do? What setup is best?

Im working with Raw files from a Sony a77 (menu setting Adobe RGB) imported to Lightroom 4 and or Photoshop both in colorspace Adobe RGB (well, LR is ProPhoto, i guess?) then printed to Epson 3800 colorspace somewhere between (Adobe RGB and Prophoto RGB? i guess?) Dual monitors both calibrated with Colormunki photo, both 97% Adobe RGB gamut monitors.

What im getting is a little too much red overall, and especially in scenes with skintones. Its slight but its there. I read somewhere in Eric Chans website that the gamut of the Epson 3800 can go beyond Adobe RGB on some papers and colors may appear more deep.

Could this be the cause of the slight red heavy skintones? And should i just get over it?

Should i change Photoshop to ProPhoto? to match Lightrooms ProPhoto native setting and print to Epson in ProPhoto? Do i need to redo my Colormunki profiles then?

What about the camera setting? Im reading that RAW files dont have a colorspace attached or tagged to them. Then why the setting option/choice? Im guessing what i read is wrong.

Thanks for any help. I know a lot of questions! I guess im just looking for how to best setup Camera/PS/LR/Epson3800 with Colormunki.

david yaugo's gear list:david yaugo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A65 Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +13 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow