Ricoh GR or Nikon Coolpix A (if money is no object) ?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
schaki
Senior MemberPosts: 2,039Gear list
Like?
Re: Ricoh GR or Nikon Coolpix A (if money is no object) ?
In reply to aleksanderpolo, 9 months ago

Well that is going to be my first and probably also last Iphone unless Apple make drastic changes to the NR in the probably upcoming Smudgephone 5s or 6. The 4 and 4S are ok and the 3GS is merely ok if it can keep the iso down.

I just wanted some newer smartphone than my aged Sony Ericsson P910i and one with ok camera. Knew that a friend of mine would buy the new Iphone 5 earlier this year and that the 3GS at least had an ok camera so I asked him if I could buy his 3GS when he got the Iphone 5.

That's one thing I don't like about it, that the iso can't be set manually.

I would probably have liked to use a Nokia N8 or PV 808 if it not was for that Symbian OS. Still thinking that I might buy a used N8 anyway and use it in the meantime until the successor to the 808 shows up, which should be the next big thing among cameraphones.

My Contax TVS Digital was Made in Japan and the Konica Minolta Dimage G600 Made in Malaysia.  Interestingly the old Minolta Dimage EX 1500 was Made in Japan. But that was probably before alliance with Konica.

All these three seems to work very well despite that the KM G600 obviously not has been well treated by the previous owner as the final barrel on the zoom have come off and also some other minor part.

aleksanderpolo wrote:

Haha, and I have seen enough iphone with smashed glass to make me stay away from it too. Anyway, just go on to show that these days, there is really not that much one can tell from the brand or origin.

schaki wrote:

aleksanderpolo wrote:

iPhones and other apple products are made in China.

It might explain why my 3GS have the infamous mute-switch problem which makes it flex slightly but enough so that the phone vibrates when the switch is set to silent It's a known hardware problem with the 3GS. At least it is not hard to solve and I might buy the part needed to do it.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow