What is the most beautiful camera ever made?

Started Jul 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,928Gear list
Like?
Re: What is the most beautiful camera ever made?
In reply to smallLebowski, Jul 12, 2013

In the modern era, some of the Nikon SLRs with bodies designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro are quite pleasing to my eyes. The F4 comes to mind, and of the cameras I own, I would think that the F6 has a decent degree of beauty, especially if paired with a nice lens. Some lenses are ugly!

I also like the look of Leica rangefinder cameras, and some rangefinder-inspired cameras. Olympus film SLR cameras tend to be quite easy on the eyes. (I do not own any of either.)

While I cannot name any specific models from memory, some of the large-format film cameras, with nice wood exteriors, are quite beautiful.

I have yet to buy a camera based solely upon its beauty, though someday I might do so.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
OwNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow