Austin Li
Contributing MemberPosts: 649
Like?
Re: Advice for a 7-day Alaska photo trip
In reply to Ken Gosden, 9 months ago

Ken Gosden wrote:

Lots of advice in this thread:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51285081

Personally I would bring the 16-28, 70-200, 300 and TC1.4. Not being a Nikon guy I don't know if any of those offer good macro ability. There will be plenty of great vegetation for closeups even in late August. I have never been north of Denali, but I thought that the scenery heading east towards Valdez is much more interesting than the more northern stuff. Late August should give you some color in the ground cover. Absolutely get out on the water on a small boat or kayak. Not sure what the bears will be doing that late in the season, but Homer has a number of bear-centric flight seeing operations. Well worth the money for a one time thing. Also, consider an overnight trip to one of the more remote villages like Seldovia Village.

Thank you so much! I also read your posts in the other thread carefully. Since I never went to Alaska, I am busy checking the place names on Google map that are mentioned in the posts.

Apparently, we will re-plan our trip. Thanks again!

-- hide signature --

Austin
Photography is one of the ways to get myself relaxed from occupation stress.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow