Started Jul 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
JackM
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,683Gear list
Re: Crystal Ball Required...
In reply to King Redshirt, Jul 11, 2013

King Redshirt wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

I also saw your samples in page 1. On my opinion, this sample should have -0.5 EC than your current exposed one while in your #2 sample, I'd give +0.5 or +2/3 EC than your exposed. Once you have an ideal exposure you can get ideal result from Canon. Hans Kruse has a good idea in landscape photography to give exposure bracket and pick the most ideal exposed one for processing, the technique I will use. However I agreed Nikon cameras have more room on an underexposed photo.

-- hide signature --

One day ima know what that all means...

EC = exposure compensation.  It's a camera function, but you can also apply it after the fact to a raw file.  When you use EC you're telling the camera to override the meter by some fraction of a stop or more.  1 "stop" = twice or half the light, e.g. going from a shutter speed of 1/100 to 1/200 is 1 stop, as is going from f/2.8 to f/4.

JackM's gear list:JackM's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WBNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow