Refusal of DWI to deliver purchased item...urgent advice required!

Started Jul 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
MarshallG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,758Gear list
Like?
Re: Who should DHL pay for the lost item?
In reply to Jeff Peterman, Jul 11, 2013

your issue is with the shipper, not the retailer. It's as simple as that.

Not true: the shipper has a contract with the supplier not the purchaser. The supplier my require that the purchase pay for the cost of shipping, but the supplier contacts the shipper and makes all the arrangement, and the supplier is the one who sends the check (or money transfer) to the shipper.

DHL has not obligation to the purchaser of the item, and must pay for the cost of the item (as determined by their contract with the supplier - which may be for far less than the value of the item) to the supplier. In this case, if the purchaser pays for the cost the optional insurance then the supplier buys insurance to cover the full cost of the item and will replace it if it goes missing - I think that is very bad business practice, and I would certainly never buy from them, but it isn't unethical/illegal.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

I've never heard of that, Jeff. In all of the mail order transactions I've done, I've never been told that I have to pay for an item that doesn't arrive.

MarshallG's gear list:MarshallG's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow