Moiré disaster on the E-5

Started Jul 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,375Gear list
Like?
Re: I guess you already know this, but...
In reply to olyflyer, Jul 11, 2013

It seems a bit much for a photographer to tell a customer not to indulge their choice of fashion in clothing because the photographer wants to indulge in what seems to be the current photographic fashion of not having an anti-aliasing filter. Presumably cameras have had these anti aliasing filters in for a reason or has this purpose gone now. Is the tiny amount of extra resolution of any real use to the customer of a photographic shoot such that he has to avoid wearing his favourite suit?

All the reviews of cameras without these filters I have seen do show extra colour artifacts. What is the advantage?

olyflyer wrote:

One way to avoid this is to explain customers how to dress (more like how NOT to dress) for a shooting. I know that is not always possible, but never the less, it is worth to advice them and also explain why. Ordinary people don't really think a lot about colour combinations and fabric issues which can be a problem with any camera, not just the E-5.

Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Samsung EX2F Pentax X-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JohnNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow