Pimp my RX100 M2 (still not shipped yet)

Started Jul 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Verrronique
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Pimp my RX100 M2 (still not shipped yet)
Jul 11, 2013

Since this is my first good camera, and yes, I plan to read the RX100 Kindle book and maybe a general photography book (recommendations?) to get up to speed, what else should I buy for a solo sailing/backpacking trip in Turkey, Greece, Italy?

Keep in mind I chose this cam for its portability and small footprint both in weight and volume.

Tripod?: I keep reading about tripods, monopods, bean bags and pods and such esp. for low light stuff and quality pics but the best are crazy expensive and BULKY so is it best just to go without? Gorilla? The POD? Pedco Ultra Pod? Other? Nothing? String?

Case?: I'm thinking the Pelican case (if it can still fit the M2 model) will work as most of my time will be near water. Also, no obvious camera bag (just a zip tote, trying to blend in and not stand out as a tourist)

Wrist and/or Shoulder Strap?: Is the strap included good enough? What about those side slingers? Crumpler's Noose?

Guts?: Batteries (how many), Memory cards (size, how many, brands)?

Oh and I'm Canadian so buying in store or from a Canadian site works best to avoid crazy duty/courrier fees, but sometimes the best thing is south of the border and you just need to buy already.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow