Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
bzx
bzx
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
Re: Learning more good stuff about Canon FD lenses on the NEX-7
In reply to SQLGuy, 9 months ago

SQLGuy wrote:

What do you mean by "... on A, you can't control camera's exposure..."?

A is still an AE mode, so the camera is controlling exposure just as it is in S. The main difference is that S acts like M if you are not using Auto ISO. It's really S that's a bit strange, because it works differently with manual lenses than it does with native ones.

Sorry! I typed it wrong. When you're in A, you can't control camera's aperture, that's what I meant. You can only control aperture on the lens (and I'm a fool to have thought that in A you can adjust camera aperture with a manual lens, that would be nonsense!)

Sorry for misunderstanding.

So, in M, or in S with fixed ISO, you completely control the exposure. In A with fixed ISO, you control aperture and ISO and the camera selects shutter speed - modified by exposure compensation. In S with Auto ISO, you control aperture and shutter speed and the camera selects ISO - modified by exposure compensation.

It sounds like you're using S with fixed ISO, which is really the same as using M... except that M works that way for all lenses, not just legacy ones.

Yes, I'm using S with Exposure comp. and ISO controlled manually (I just prefer this).

-- hide signature --

t[+]m

bzx's gear list:bzx's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow