Started Jul 2, 2013 | Questions thread
paparios
Regular MemberPosts: 432Gear list
Like?
Re: TS-E on the cheap? For architectural photography
In reply to joger, Jul 11, 2013

joger wrote:

Howard S wrote:

But focus via the viewfinder, especially on some crop bodies, is not as easy as using liveview especially in tilt mode as you know

exact tilting is nearly impossible with live view as well - the 3 inch screen is too small to do that - you can take an arbitrary approach and use a table with values instead and alter in slow steps three or four images - that's the way I do it on my 5D II as well - 3 " is simply too small to judge the effect.

If at all the WiFi function on the new Canons will make a difference - use a > 7" tablet and zoom in and you will be able to see something reliable.

This is so true! I have a 10.1 tablet, with the Canon DSLR Controller software, and for cameras with liveview it is so easy to focus, for instance, using the 100L macro wide open. The connection is via USB wire (on my 50D, 7D and 5DII) or WiFi for those camera that have the function. It changes this type of photography.

Miguel

paparios's gear list:paparios's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow