Crystal Ball Required... Locked

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,914Gear list
Re: I miss your judge for 6D
In reply to King Redshirt, 9 months ago

King Redshirt wrote:

And for that NEX having great low light.... just no... if you use that mode that takes like 5-6 jpegs and stiches them together then yes... it will beat my camera phone.. if you leave it in raw.. then no its not as imressive.. yes you can leave the shutter open on a tripod and controll it manually..... but all things being equal on automatic.. camera phone wins.. the raw's looked so noisy and bandy.

Who made the claim that the 3N has great low light performance? And what camera phone are you using to shoot raw (never mind that anyone shooting raw is doing it wrong if they don't post process)? I think perhaps I am the only one to even address this and I merely claimed that it's far better than any camera phone. I'd also make the same claim about any point and shoot with the a 1/3" - 2/3" sensor against the 3N. For that matter, the smaller sensor of the Sony RX100 cannot even be challenged by any camera phone. I suggest a little primer on how sensors impact photography. View the charts and note the sensor sizes. I don't mean to suggest the NEX 3N is optimal at all. In fact, I have an NEX 5N but it's my backup camera as I wanted better low light performance and selected a full frame camera myself (Canon 6D), which is what I now shoot. But I certainly go for the 5N well before my camera phone (and it's a Galaxy Nexus less than a year old) because there's just no comparison if I have both cameras in my possession.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WBNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow