What I learned from Gollywop -- and what I wonder

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,733Gear list
Like?
Re: A matter of where, that's all
In reply to dcassat, Jul 11, 2013

dcassat wrote:

Really fine examples of photography here. When I take a photograph with a digital camera I want to get as much data as I can to bring home. That's all this is about.

Shooting RAW, once I get my data home I can massage it into high key, low key, no key or whatever with very little effort plus I get to deal with all of the other stuff too (color, contrast, sharpening) if I want.

It's simply an exercise of retaining/optimizing data and avoiding noise. It has nothing to do with the final product beyond that.

All the data buckets of my sensor are full and I get to decide what should be done with it, I'm not sure why this concept is so difficult. If you are a .jpg shooter and want to do it all in camera, this doesn't apply to you except to know you won't loose any capabilities by shooting RAW and you'll gain some creative control.

Dan

Hah, I can't agree with you more!!! I just do not play with exposure, I'm in agreement with camera (in majority of shots this is center weighted). I play with subject instead to find the best light distribution.

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow