Started Jul 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeff
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,470
Like?
Re: It helps ..
In reply to Sergey_Green, Jul 11, 2013

Sergey_Green wrote:

Abrak wrote:

It would probably help if you had read and understood the CIPA numbers (they are published regularly on this site.)

These show that for the first 5 months of this year, mirrorless is down 18% and DSLR shipments are down 15%.

Yes, in comparison with the previous year, that effected both types of cameras (to a certain degree). But for the past about four months it looks as if one is looking up and the other is pointing down. Why is that so? I would think that by now, as more and more people 'discover' it, mirrorless would be in a rather stable position when compared to the system cameras.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

They're both pointing down. One a bit more steeply than the other.

It's like the story of the bear and two hikers.  The bear starts after the hikers.  One hiker says "Hurry up, we need to fun fast or we'll get eaten."  The other says, "No rush, It's ok. I don't need to run fast.  I just need to run faster than you."

The bear (last years sales numbers) is chasing this years sales numbers. dslr's may outrun mirrorless, but the last year was still better (at least so far).

-- hide signature --

Jeff
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jck_photos/sets/
You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” -- Ansel Adams

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
CIPANew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow