Started Jul 9, 2013 | Questions thread
tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 3,224Gear list
Like?
Re: Portraits in bright sunlight
In reply to woof woof, Jul 11, 2013

woof woof wrote:

Hen3ry wrote:

Show us some of your portraits taken in such bright light that you need 1/8000 to take them, thxbb12. I would be fascinated to see them.

Incidentally, back in the hey day of 35mm -- the 60s and 70s -- all photojournalists shot on Tri-X 400 ASA.

All.

It was demanded of them by publications and agencies for uniformity of processing and handling, and the speed which meant that they were able to shoot at a decent shutter speed with enough depth of field to get something in focus in varied light.

In addition, editors liked the "look" of Tri-X images. It was a great film.

Cheers, geoff

I have lots of shots taken with an APS-C camera at f1.4 and 1/8000 and the problem is even more acute with my G1 so I have no intention of buying a camera with a base ISO of 200.

Yes, years ago we thought ourselves lucky if we had a shutter speed of 1/2000, anything faster than f2.8 was a distant dream and ND's were our best friend but do we want to live in 1952 forever?

Fact is that if this latest Panasonic has a shutter speed of 1/4000, a base ISO of 200 or a crappy sensor made with technology Panasonic has had in its pocket for two years the Nex 6 is availanble and at least has a base ISO of 100.

Yes. After the very loud requests for a NEX-6 clone heard in this and other M43 fora here seems to be the first attempt at it. So at least it should be as good as the model. Otherwise what's the point?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow